You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I know you've missed me!

This may seriously be one of the hardest things I set out to do. Trying to catch my blog up on the last couple months of my life will be intense. Mid September the “newbies” (H17) swore in and one of them became my site mate! Then October my site mate and I started what we dubbed our “HIV/AIDS Tour 2K10”, in which we taught approximately 300 kids how to protect themselves (abstinence is the only manner 100% effective!). Naturally, October brought my birthday, same as every year. My friend Stephenie came for a visit and then there was Halloween. There were two back-to-back workshops and a Farmer’s Market I’ve been planning since getting here is finally getting started! Thanksgiving and Honduran graduation season is just around the corner and then there’s Christmas and New Year’s. To keep up with my cliché filled writing: Time is FLYING!

(Side note: I’m pretty sure I never bother to tell anyone that my computer crashed a second time. This time it was about two weeks after I had just gotten it back from the US with a brand new hard drive installed. I have no clue what it is about Honduras that makes computers just want to die, but they do. I now have a brand new one that my parents so graciously bought for me [after my insurance refused to cover my other computer]. Stephenie brought the new one with her when she visited and took the old one home. Luckily I bought it at Costco, so hopefully they will take it back! I’m just trying to not be too cynical and hope this new one lasts me the next 18 months.)

Anyway…due to slow Internet and multi-tasking on nearly a dozen different things, I’m just going to leave you with this for tonight. Look for the other updates soon!

Hasta la proxima vez…

No comments:

Post a Comment