You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Algunas fotitos!



So, I'm still getting used to this whole Blogger formatting and it's nearly impossible for me to go back and insert text between each pic, so you're just gonna have to scroll and read as you look at each pic.  Sorry!
1)  This was from the first culture day we had at the main training site.  Our teachers set up 8 stations representing the 7 indigenous populations of Honduras and included the Mayans.  It was really interesting, they had obviously put a lot of work into it and we got great food and drinks at each one!
2)  L-R:  Claire, myself, Lauren.  This was one day we walked into a park from our old community.  Us 3 girls were pretty tight in that community.  We were all also "related" through our host families (cousins).  We rode these horses for 20L, which is about $1.  Sadly, the 3 of us each represent a different project, so now we're all apart.  :(  No more primas!

3)  L-R:  Claire, Lauren, my 1st host mom Merlin, myself

4)  Myself and my new little host sister, AnaEli, 8 when we were out at the beach last Saturday

5)  Some of my fellow business project members as we were playing an exciting game of Tic-Tac-Toe to reinforce some of the information we'd just been taught.  (I'm not in the picture.)

6)  Those little red pods are coffee.  Our teachers host mom has the plants in her backyard and one day we made coffee that had been picked about 2 days earlier.  She had already removed all the shells and roasted it, but we got some amazing fresh stuff and got to see the whole process from plant to cup.  It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

7)  One Honduran woman got really into the game of Dodgeball.  It was GREAT!

8)  Some of my fellow BZ people and a few Hondurans teaching/learning the Electric Slide.

OK guys, now that's really it for tonight!  Gotta get to sleep before my hike tomorrow.  Just wanted to get you guys a good fix, since this may be it for awhile!  

Hasta la proxima vez...

1 comment:

  1. ok so I know that I just set up an account so I can comment you but that doesn't mean that I haven't been following already. Love your posts mucho and I LOVE how your rockin' the ESDES shirt in the pics. Miss you chica and I couldn't be more proud of you.

    ReplyDelete