You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Off line :(

Hi friends!

I just wanted to update everyone on the status of my computer. It has decided to take a sabatical, without my permission. AKA - Windows has died and I´m working on the computers in my counterpart´s office these days. My blogging will be on hold until I can get things fixed. (Who knows what that timeline will be like down here...)

Other wise things are great! Work is good - still giving classes at the high school, went to an aldea to work with the women`s group and also working with the local center for people with disabilities (and getting to help with their Special Olympics team!). Next week I will travel to another aldea to help women who have organized a caja rural (micro credit union)...kinda excited! Social life is good too! World Cup is in full swing and it`s exciting watching it in a country where people actually care about football. Tomorrow at 5:30AM local time Honduras has their first game against Chile. Everyone will be an early bird tomorrow...myself included! I spent the past weekend enjoying my host sister´s quinceñera and another b-day party for my friend`s 2 year old. The beginning of July I get to go on a field trip with the students and staff from the high school to the North Coast. We will visit the port there to learn about transportation and the likes. I`m just excited to see the ocean!!! :) Oh yah, I did meet the President of Honduras last week. I`m hoping to save my computer because I had written an amazing blog about it.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can salvage my computer so I can keep you guys up to date!

Hasta la proxima vez...
(Whenever that may be...)

No comments:

Post a Comment