You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Sunday, February 28, 2010

La grina que no podia limpiar...

For those of you gringos at home my title is the white girl that couldn´t clean.  I´ve been taught how to wash dishes and wash clothes without running water.  I was watched while cleaning my room by the 11 year old daughter as if´I´d never cleaned before in my life.  It´s all good though.  One thing we have to do in order to be successful in the PC is have patience and the ability to laugh at yourself.  Believe me, I´ve been doing mucho laughing.

Last night I did my first hand washing.  I´m gonna have some buffed out forearms at the end of all this!!!  I´m getting the hang of it, and my OCD is definitely going away, because there´s no way anything here will be to my US standards.  Perhaps, it will just be really bad when I get home in 2 years.  LOL...we shall see. 

Yesterday, we walked down to the river which was probably about an hour walk and swam.  The other American girl and I were both paranoid about accidentally drinking the water, but I think we did ok.  I´m not sick and I hope she´s not.  Haven´t talked to her today and probably won´t until tomorrow. 

In about 2 weeks myself and the other Business aspirantes (trainees) will be moving to Ojojona for about 40 days.  Then we come back to where we are now for our final week of testing before being sent out into Hondu.  Right now I´m at an Internet cafe in Valle de los Angeles.  Where I live, no hay nada!  It´s cool though, doin´like the locals...I dig it. 

Anyway, thanks for keepin´ posted!  Oh PS - shout out to my Adventists...in this city where I´m at right now which is about 20 min from my house is an Adventist Hospital!  LOL, we´re all over the world! 

OK crew, thanks for reading!  Gotta run ´cuz my lil ´sis is ´sittin here waiting on me getting bored, pobresita...I´ll go buy her a Coke! :)

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog!!! It is so amazing that you found Adventists already! I can't wait to see your sexy arms in August (the bugs, not so much)! Love you!

    ReplyDelete